Sulaiman Mustafa was born in rural Terengganu but made his mark when he attended the Royal Military College (1965-1968), won the scholarship to pursue Chartered Surveying professional course in London and excelled in it as the only Malaysian at the present time who topped the Chartered Surveying professional examinations across the various divisions of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) by winning the coveted Julian Rogers Prize.
Since his return, barring the one and half years with the Ministry of Finance Malaysia, he has been with Jones Lang Wootton for over 40 years, during which time he contributed considerably to the growth and development of the firm’s services and integrates the importance of professional integrity which, in his view, should never be compromised. Both his business and private life are governed by sound philosophies and integrity.
Besides being actively involved in his day-to-day duties at Jones Lang Wootton, Sulaiman did find time and participated as Senior Lecturer at UTM, Supervisory Committee Member of Sime Darby Property Division from 2008-2010 and as Council Member of Majlis Agama Islam Dan Adat Melayu Terengganu (MAIDAM) from 2012-2014.
He’s a strong believer of change, commitment and quality professional services and extracts the same from his subordinates. He believes that who we are today is because of the choices we made yesterday; likewise tomorrow we will become the result of today’s choice.
Professional affiliations & appointments:
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS).
- Registered Valuer, Estate Agent and Property Manager with the Board of Valuers, Appraisers, Estate Agents and Property Managers, Malaysia.
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (FRISM).
- Member of the Board of Directors of Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and Member of Board Governance Committee and Board Risk Committee, BNM.
- Director at Pelaburan Hartanah Berhad (PHB), Chairman of PHB Board Risk Committee and Member of PHB Board Investment Committee, Audit Committee and Board Tender Committee.
- Advisor to Prosper Property Panel of PUNB (Permodalan Usahawan Nasional Berhad).
- Founder of Congential Heart Foundation Malaysia.
- Trustee at Dana Amal Jariah.
- Professional Member of World Future Society.