Prem Kumar has 32 years experience in providing real estate professional services. He was the resident Partner at the Johor Bahru office from 1992 to 2002 and became a Proprietary Partner/Executive Director of Jones Lang Wootton in February 1998.
He started his career as a graduate valuer with Jones Lang Wootton in Kuala Lumpur, gaining experience in undertaking valuation of various types of properties including, amongst others, office buildings, hotels, industrial premises, plantations, townships, development land, on-going development projects as well as plant and machinery. Besides valuations, he also has extensive exposure to the entire spectrum of real estate professional services such as agency, property management and research and consultancy.
He has great passion for valuation and coupled with his extensive exposure to the profession over the years, he has built a strong reputation as a valuation consultant and thrives on providing sound valuation advice which continue to be highly sought after besides being well-respected. His professional conduct and approach is well-known in the market for the high level of integrity and ethics in tandem with the philosophies of Jones Lang Wootton and recognised and acknowledged as a role model for the profession.
Recognition of his vast experience and exposure to the real estate industry have transcended national boundaries as evidenced by the various international professional affiliations/appointments with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and UN-Habitat, thus joining a select group of Malaysian individuals who are recognised as real estate experts from an international perspective.
He also mentors young people who are intending to join the profession as well as those in the profession besides being actively involved at seminars, conferences, roundtable discussions, etc, both locally and within Asia, either as a speaker, panellist or moderator.
Professional affiliations & appointments
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS).
- Fellow of The Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (FRISM).
- Registered Valuer, Estate Agent and Property Manager with the Board of Valuers, Appraisers, Estate Agents and Property Managers, Malaysia.
- Current Chairperson of ASEAN Regional Advisory Board of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Past Member of the Asia World Regional Board of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Past Chairman and Member of the Malaysia Board of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Fellow of the Association of Valuers, Property Managers, Estate Agents and Property Consultants in Private Sector, Malaysia (FPEPS).
- Member of the Malaysian Institution of Property and Facility Managers (MMIPFM).
- Member of Valuation Expert Panel of the National Real Estate Research Coordinator (NAPREC).