+603-21612522        

BILATERAL TRADE BETWEEN MALAYSIA, CHINA TO EXCEED US$100 BILLION In 2018, bilateral trade between Malaysia and China is expected to exceed US$100 billion (RM400 billion), thus surpassing 2017’s US$96 billion. In the initial 5-months of 2018, bilateral trade grew by 14.7% to US$42.7 billion compared with the corresponding period in 2017. Imports from China to…

APRIL INDUSTRIAL OUTPUT INDEX UP 4.6% YEAR-ON-YEAR The Department of Statistics Malaysia denoted that the Industrial Production Index increased to 4.6% in April 2018, compared with April 2017, due to increases in all indices including manufacturing (5.3%), mining (1.8%) and electricity (5.8%). The manufacturing sector output exhibited a 5.3% growth rate in April 2018, subsequent…

APRIL’S EXPORTS INCREASE 14% Y-O-Y TO RM84.2 BILLION In April 2018, exports surged 14% to RM84.2 billion from a year ago, driven by electrical and electronic (E&E) products, timber and timber-based products, palm oil and palm oil-based products and refined petroleum and crude petroleum. Liquefied natural gas (LNG) and natural rubber however recorded a decline…

LEADING INDEX UP 0.3% IN MARCH 2018 Malaysia’s economic growth momentum is expected to persist up until 3Q18, as the annual change of the Leading Index (LI) as at March 2018, increased by 0.3% Y-o-Y. The monthly change of the LI, which monitors economic performance in advance, exhibited a negative growth of 0.5% in March…

CONSUMER PRICE INDEX INCREASES 1.4% IN APRIL 2018 In April 2018, Malaysia’s Consumer Price Index (CPI), which measures headline inflation, increased by 1.4% compared with the corresponding month in 2017. Major groups registering positive expansion included indices for: food and non-alcoholic beverages (+2.6%), restaurants and hotels (+2.2%), health (+2.1%), housing, water, electricity, gas and other…

POPULATION HAS GROWN TO 32.4 MILLION   The Department of Statistics Malaysia has ascertained that the Malaysian population expanded by 1.3% to 32.4 million in 1Q18, compared with 32 million formerly in 1Q17. 16.7 million (52%) were male, while the remaining 15.7 million (48%) were female. Selangor was deemed the most populated state at 6.4…

RICS

All rights reserved (C) 2016

Jones Lang Wootton