+603-21612522        

The superstructure of the first high-rise premium office building developed by Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd (MIM) in Medini City, Iskandar Puteri, Johor, has been completed. The completion of Medini 9’s superstructure was marked by a topping-off ceremony on June 13, 2017 at the rooftop of the 21-storey building. The office tower is expected to…

Johor Baru is set to join her sister city Istanbul and San Francisco with the introduction of tram services which have successfully served as transportation modes for locals and tourists. He said Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) is looking at tram services as an option for Jalan Wong Ah Fook in downtown Johor Baru as…

S P Setia Berhad recently spoke about the success of its residential property launches in Bukit Indah in Johor. Among its latest was Elonia, a project of double-storey houses spanning 1,500 acres. At Elonia’s launch in April 2017, all units were sold “within a few hours”. Prior to Elonia, S P Setia’s Visca and Villosa…

Food and Beverage manufacturer, Super Group Ltd spent about RM1 million to open their 14,000 sq ft outlet, which is located at Super’s manufacturing facility in Plentong, Johor Bahru. Currently, the outlet is only open to group tours. “Factory tourism” is a growing trend in Malaysia’s tourism industry as many people are interested in the…

Malaysia is the seventh top “island destination of choice for summer holidays” among luxury travellers from China, with Thailand (Phuket), Maldives, Fiji, Bali, Hawaii and Saipan (China) leading the list. Top island destinations in Malaysia are Pulau Pangkor, Pulau Kapas, Pulau Tenggol, Sipadan, Pulau Mabul, Pulau Redang, Pulau Tioman, Pulau Perhentian and Pulau Langkawi. The…

SP Setia Bhd has officially announced Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts as the hotel operator for its proposed twin tower development in Melbourne’s central business district. The five star Shangri-La Hotel will occupy the first tower and feature 500 guest rooms, while the second block will consist of 300 luxury residential apartments and offices. The project…

Encorp Bhd is partnering with Sinmah Capital Bhd to undertake a RM865 million mixed development project in Melaka. The project will be developed on a 78 acre plot of land at Bukit Katil. The joint-venture company is Sinmah Development JV Sdn Bhd and Encorp holds a 70% stake while the remaining 30% is held by…

Genting Highlands Premium Outlets (GHPO), a 50:50 joint venture between Genting Plantations Bhd and Premium Outlets, the outlet division of Simon Property Group opened on June 15, 2017, in Genting Highlands. This is Malaysia’s second premium outlet after Johor Premium Outlets. Developed at a cost of RM200 million, GHPO sits on 600,000 sq ft of…

See Hoy Chan Sdn Bhd is planning to construct a 31-storey office tower in Damansara Uptown, Petaling Jaya. The tower, with a net lettable area of 500,000 sq ft, will be retained to generate income for the company. (NST, 15/6/17)

Razak City Residences, offering serviced apartments from RM389,000 is now open for sale. The project offers two built-ups, 800 sq ft units with two bedrooms and two bathrooms and 1,045 sq ft units with three bedrooms and three bathrooms. Also available are facilities such as pools, gymnasium, playground, multipurpose hall and car park. Razak City…

RICS

All rights reserved (C) 2016

Jones Lang Wootton